fingerprint of key

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Aug 18 05:14:07 CEST 2017

On Thu 2017-08-17 22:48:36 -0300, Duane Whitty wrote:
> Well, I'm not familiar enough with the arcana to say whether it should
> be done away with or not but, I am a big believer in software not
> trying to guess what I want.  As you said, in version 2.1 GnuPG would
> have complained that I hadn't entered a command, correct?  Does this
> also mean it would have not carried out any action.

nope, GnuPG took the conservative approach and just produced a warning
while still trying to make a guess at what you meant.

> I have to admit to being a little hesitant making these types of
> comments because I don't feel I contributed enough (if anything) to
> have earned that right.  But perhaps as a user the comment is a small
> contribution.  I hope it is seen that way and not as a complaint.

Please don't underestimate the value of suggestions and questions from a
user.  Free software gets better because its users talk about it and
share ideas about how it can improve.  You don't need to have
contributed code to contribute ideas :)

            --dkg