E-mail with deniable authentication

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Aug 30 11:43:46 CEST 2017

On 30/08/17 11:34, Mario Figueiredo wrote:
> Examples are
> dictatorships, and many forms of human relationships, including job
> relations.

I don't think a repudiable message lets you off the hook in those examples
either, least of all the dictatorship...!

> If one wants to use deniability with OpenPGP, one just needs to wrap
> OpenPGP messages in systems that support it.

With a little scripting, you could create a new ECC keypair (fast!) for each
message, sign the keypair with your normal key, sign the message with the ECC
keypair. And when you want to backpedal on a signed message, publish the private
ECC key and say "look, anybody who downloaded my private key off the web could
have signed that message".

Peter.