Paper backup of all keys

MyCraigs List mycraigsl at ymail.com
Sat Feb 4 05:02:00 CET 2017

Daniel,

I gave paperkey a try the other day and quickly learned, because I'm no techy (and no desire to be one), it was too difficult to figure out.

Maybe I'll give it another try?

Thanks,

Craig

 Subject: Re: Paper backup of all keys
 To: "MyCraigs List" <mycraigsl at ymail.com>, gnupg-users at gnupg.org
 Date: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:21 PM

 On Fri 2017-02-03 18:28:03 -0500,
 MyCraigs List wrote:
 > Also, let's say the key associated with the email
 address (not a paper
 > backup) gets corrupted or I delete it or render the key
 unuseable- can
 > the paper backup of the key be used to type the key
 back in?

 Sure, but it would likely be a pain to type the whole thing
 in.

 You might be interested in the "paperkey" tool, written by
 David Shaw,
 which does a good job at minimizing the typing you'll need
 to do
 (assuming that all of the public parts of the certificate
 itself can be
 recovered from the keyservers or your correspondents).

 If you use debian or a debian derivative, just use "apt
 install
 paperkey", but otherwise there's:

   http://www.jabberwocky.com/software/paperkey/

 Regards,