Non-deterministic behavior using GnuPG and a smart-card

Dr. Basil Becker basil at basilbecker.de
Wed Feb 8 23:29:40 CET 2017

On 08.02.2017 23:25, Adam Sherman wrote:
> Maybe there is an algorithm that the Yubukey can't handle?

Eventually, but I'm a) pretty sure that always the same software has
been used to encrypt the mails (it is done by my mail provider). And I'm
using the Yubikey on my smartphone, too.

> Or, maybe Enigmail is calling "gpg" instead of "gpg2"?

gpg is set to be an alias for gpg2 and enigmail states in its settings,
that it is running /usr/bin/gpg2 And some of my mails could be decrypted...

> I'm just brainstorming.

I appreciate it :)

Cheers,
Basil