Is NFC Appropriate?

Adam Sherman adam at sherman.ca
Thu Feb 9 17:15:03 CET 2017

Good Morning,

As a very happy Yubikey 4[2] user, where my latop does not contain any
secret keys, I would now like to enjoy secure email on my smart phone
and tablet(s). Enter an NFC-capable SmartCard.

I have nowhere near the depth of understanding required to evaluate
this. Is it reasonable and appropriate to use a sub-key on an
NFC-capable SmartCard, such as the YubiKey Neo[3], in conjunction with
K9 Mail[4]?

This has been discussed at least once[1].

Thank you for your input,

A.

[1]: https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2015-April/053487.html
[2]: https://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/yubikey4/