Is NFC Appropriate?

Arthur Ulfeldt arthur at ulfeldt.com
Fri Feb 10 00:49:15 CET 2017

So you weren't alike if you can do this (yes it works) rather you where
asking if you should ;-)

A hash of The message passes through near field magnetic induction which
does emit radio waves. Then a response is sent back containing the
description key for that message.  Perhaps someone here knows if a secure
channel is negotiated for this exchange. I'm guessing not.

With all such things it's useful to consider the overall situation for
yourself and decide if it protect against the threats that affect you.

My situation is fine with that risk, because there are easier ways to get
the key (rubber hoses and the usual discussion here)