Questions about --throw-keyids

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Feb 14 15:27:06 CET 2017

On Tue 2017-02-14 05:28:07 -0500, Justus Winter wrote:
> I don't.  I strongly believe that adding command line switches should be
> the absolute last resort.

I'm open to other suggestions about how to achieve this behavior.

GnuPG's general stance appears to be that the only way to interact with
the suite is through the command line.  It also has historically tried
to avoid making breaking changes to the behavior based on existing
options.  This doesn't appear to leave much room for fixing problems or
adding functionality *without* new command-line switches.

       --dkg