send-keys does not update my key

Marko Bauhardt marko.bauhardt at mailbox.org
Tue Feb 14 19:51:47 CET 2017

Hi Peter,

> On 13 Feb 2017, at 12:16, Peter Lebbing <peter at digitalbrains.com> wrote:
>

> An OpenPGP public key is composed of many parts which can be reordered
> without changing the meaning. Keyservers do reorder stuff, so you can't
> just compare two keys byte by byte and say anything useful about their
> equivalence.
>
> A command like
>
> $ gpg2 --list-options show-unusable-subkeys,show-unusable-uids
> --list-sigs [KEYID]
>
> gives a pretty good overview of a public key.

I tried that out with my two public key representations. There was a diff between the two keys.
The trust level of my two IDs was `unknown` in the one public key and `ultimate` in the other key.

Maybe this is the reason why the armor output is different.
I mean it make sense when the key server will change the trust level of the given user-id to `unknown` while uploading.

> I've changed your e-mail address so web spam scrapers can't take it
> easily.

;) Thx!

> If you see all the components there really are on your key
> reflected in this output, then the keyserver is already fully up to date
> and any further sending of your key will not change it any further.

This was the case except of the trust level.

> HTH,
>
> Peter.

Thank you. Very helpful.
Marko

---

Marko Bauhardt
https://keybase.io/mbauhardt

GPG Key ID: 53192101
GPG Fingerprint: DC0F E851 82A3 72E3 7FE1  ACDB 970C FD47 5319 2101