Aw: Re: SmartCard v2.1 : factory reset fails

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Feb 15 10:42:27 CET 2017

Hello, again,

I found a bug in GnuPG 2.1.18 for factory-reset command handling (it's
not in 2.1.17 or older), I fixed it today.

Then, I tested my OpenPGP card 2.1.

Let us fix a thing one by one.  First, the Reset Code handling.

Fib Moro <fibmoro at gmx.de> wrote:
> It doesn't even get to the point where it prompts me for the Reset Code:
>
> Here is what I do:
>
> When try to set the reset code via "passwd => 4" it prompts me for the AdminPIN.
> I enter the default AdminPIN value of "123456789" and get the message "Error setting the Reset Code: Bad PIN"
> I'm 100% sure I entered AdminPIN correctly.

For my OpenPGP card 2.1, the Admin PIN is "12345678" (no 9).
I can successfuly set the Reset Code.

I confirmed that with wrong Admin PIN, I got the message "Error setting
the Reset Code: Bad PIN".

Please test with 12345678.