Should we trust "MyMail-crypt for Gmail" Chrome extension?

Wolf wolf at wolfsden.cz
Wed Feb 15 23:58:26 CET 2017

Hi,

I know nothing about the extension but would like to react to this:

On , ankostis wrote:
> This extension is the only alternative to use GPG with gmail in
> corporate environments where SMTP ports are blocked (unless we
> consider as an "alternative" to manually clear-signing each message
> text to be sent with cmd-line).

You can always combine virtual box, openvpn and stunnel to achieve
traffic indistinguishable from https (as long as your stunnel endpoint
listens on 443). No one blocks https these days.

W.

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.