powertop(8) Points at gpg-agent.

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Feb 17 20:43:06 CET 2017

On Fri 2017-02-17 08:59:52 -0500, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> There's a few relevant patches by Daniel Kahn Gillmor, e.g. cancelling
> the socket check if inotify(7) can be used.
> https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2016-November/032012.html

We're shipping these patches in debian testing and unstable right now,
and i don't think i've seen any problems with the current set.

You can find the current set at:

  https://sources.debian.net/src/gnupg2/2.1.18-6/debian/patches/gpg-agent-idling/

You can also find a set of similar patches for dirmngr, which has the
same issue:

  https://sources.debian.net/src/gnupg2/2.1.18-6/debian/patches/dirmngr-idling/

I would be happy to merge any of these upstream if the upstream team
wants them.

Regards,

        --dkg