Announcing paperbackup.py to backup keys as QR codes on paper

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:25:32 CET 2017

Il 23/02/2017 11:00, Gerd v. Egidy ha scritto:

> If we are talking centuries, I'd worry about the availability of gnupg as much
> as qrcodes. Both are publicly available standards, but I don't know if they
> are still available and understandable by then. I'd recommend going to
> plaintext on glass etched microfiche if you really want to cover that
> timespan.
Well, when considering such a timespan there could be other (bigger)
issues... How long a today 'secure' key will remain secure? When will
quantum computers be widely available?
The only "guaranteed" crypto is information-theoretic one (neural
networks mutual learning, distant noisy sources, etc), where adversary's
probability of success is a function of the system parameters. But it's
quite impractical and AFAIK covers only interactive key agreement.

PS: in 100 years surely I won't (be here to) care if someone will be
able to read my mails or not :)

BYtE,
 Diego