Counterarguments Supporting GnuPG over Off The Record (OTR)

Lou Wynn lewisurn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 05:41:07 CET 2017

The author's stand is hilarious to me. He is

"My day-to-day work is in the field of information security and
especially incident handling, analysis and response. "

That's is to say, he's a security expert. But he compares himself with
Johnny by quoting "Why Johnny Can’t Encrypt”

Actually, there is a more recent paper called

"Why Johnny Still, Still Can’t Encrypt: Evaluating the Usability of a
Modern PGP Client"

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1510.08555.pdf

In my observation, what this type of papers point out is obvious:

It is non-trivial for non-technical people to make PGP work.

--
Thanks,
Lou