GnuPG to create CSR

Antony Prince antony at blazrsoft.com
Thu Jan 12 23:35:25 CET 2017

On 1/12/2017 6:14 AM, Ali Hassan Hamed Al Ajmi (eChannels) wrote:

> Does *"GnuPG" *support creating CR (CSR) that is compatible with
> Microsoft CA (from command line/ other tools with GUI)?

Not sure on that one.

> If Yes, how to generate a certification request that is compatible with
> Microsoft CA (CSR)?

Also not sure.

> Can you please guide us to a manual /documentation where we will find
> such information.

Personally, I use OpenSSL[1] for creating CSR's and signing them. It
appears that OpenSSL generated CSR's can be signed using Microsoft CA
according to the documentation in an article[2] I found.

HTH,
Antony

[1]https://www.openssl.org
[2]https://support.forcepoint.com/KBArticle?id=How-to-use-OpenSSL-and-Microsoft-Certification-Authority