gpgme: error in OS X app bundle

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jan 17 13:50:05 CET 2017

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:28, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> GPGME 2017-01-16 14:14:55 <0x0d3f>  gpgme-walk_path: 'gpgconf' not found
> in '/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin'

Is there another directory which should be included into the default
PATH on macOS?  We can't add private directories  (that is for what PATH
is used for), but adding standard directories would be fine.

> I can think of a few ways to approach this, but they all seem inelegant.
>  Looking for a .profile in $HOME, parsing it for PATH information, and
> looking for gpgconf in those dirs?  Or should I just raise a, "Please

You could build gpgme with this option

  ./configure --enable-fixed-path=/foo:/foo/bar:/baz

so that PATH will be ignored and the given fixed PATH is used to locate
gppgconf.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner