Access denied when using gpg4win via command prompt

S sbdisn-gnu at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 4 15:22:37 CEST 2017

Hello,
Firstly, let me state right away that I'm a complete newbie.
I've had this software installed for a while now with everything working as intended until a few days back. Although I'm able to access most features via the GUI (Kleopatra and GPA), the command prompt functionality seems to be broken all of a sudden. The issue started with me trying to create a revocation certificate for my personal key.
As you can see in the attached screenshot, a dialog pops up saying 'This app can't run on your PC' with an 'access denied' message in the cmd. Not sure why this is the case when I haven't made any changes to the system or the Gpg4win installation. Now none of the other tasks viz. import key, verification commands work either.
As a workaround, I did try setting the 'smart screen filtering' to off in the settings along with enabling the developer mode but it still doesn't work.
I'm posting this here since you don't get any workable solution on the Windows forums.
My OS : Windows 10 (1607 version)Gpg4win version : 2.33
Any help's appreciated.
Thanks