storing PINs of credit / EC cards with GnuPG

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Mon Jul 10 13:50:42 CEST 2017

> Hello,
> This question is perhaps only for German users of GnuPG. In the past
> German banks and credit institutes prohibited the storing of PIN numbers
> etc. on personal computer systems, even claiming that in the case of storing
> they would not have been responsible anymore for the abuse of stolen
> credit cards.
>
> What is the current situation about this issue in the German law if such
> PIN numbers are stored ciphered with GnuPG?
>
> Thanks
>
> 	matthias

Hi Matthias cc gnupg-users@
Others that might know: German SAGE (Sys Admin Guild)
	http://guug.de/sage/index.html
1.5 hours back I posted to SAGE/Munich suggesting a beer garden tonight.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey, Computer Consultant, BSD Linux Unix Systems Engineer
 Reply below, Prefix '> '. Plain text, No .doc, base64, HTML, quoted-printable.