A Quick Supplement

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Jul 17 15:54:56 CEST 2017

> I'm not sure if Rob's routine actually backs up local signatures...
> I couldn't see anything explicit about it with a quick glance at the
> code. That's fine if you don't use local signatures at all.

The step-by-step process I posted last year didn't, because I don't use
them in my own local policy and thus didn't think about them (oops).

Sherpa doesn't, because GPGME doesn't support the exporting of local
signatures.

It is infuriatingly difficult to come up with a backup method that
applies across GnuPG 1.4 - 2.1, is crossplatform, is safe (doesn't copy
random_seed, etc.), and so on.  Ease of backing up has never been a high
priority for the GnuPG devs, and it shows.