A Quick Supplement

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 02:49:47 CEST 2017

On 07/18/17 08:36, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> ... shouldn't the focus of GnuPG be on security?
>
> This *is* a security issue.

Since you put it that way, I agree.

> Some ... GnuPG use a ... "random_seed"... must not be backed up or
>  shared ...

And thanks for pointing that out.

> ... Click Enigmail -> About and see if you spot any familiar names
>  there. Maybe Enigmail's usability guy, who's had to wrestle with
> the problems of importing and exporting keyrings, will have some
> interesting thoughts.  :)

Enigmail is developed by the Enigmail Team:
    Usability: Robert J. Hansen

Ah, you got me ;-) So you are a developer?

> Yep [...] [Re: GnuPG FAQ] It's a pretty good FAQ ...

"GNUPG FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Robert J. Hansen et al."

You got me, again !

BTW, Mozilla Firefox on multiple OS's mangled gnupg-faq.txt (was
showing some garbled characters) until I did this modification ...

View -> Text Encoding -> Western
changed to Unicode
and everything shows properly.

> I do not contribute code to GnuPG -- once upon a time I worked on
> U.S. government contracts, so it's best for the GnuPG project if I
>  don't contribute code.  I still find other ways to contribute,
> whether that means non-core code contributions (Sherpa),
> documentation (the FAQ), usability issues (Enigmail), etc.

Thank you for all you do for the computing community and for taking
the time to answer my emails in a very amicable manner.

- --
Daniel Villarreal
http://www.youcanlinux.org
youcanlinux at gmail.com
PGP key 2F6E 0DC3 85E2 5EC0 DA03  3F5B F251 8938 A83E 7B49
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF2518938A83E7B49