(pre)cache password rather than use allow-loopback-pinentry

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Fri Jul 21 10:32:48 CEST 2017

> On 21 Jul 2017, at 10:05, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx at webweaving.org> wrote:
>
>>> And then let the batch.commands (which does a complex dance of subkey renewal and some chip card shuffling) run against that ?
>>
>> Please check wether some of the new --quick-foo commands can be helpful.
>
> Thanks - that is a nice treasure trove you unearthed for me. Thanks !

Those —quick commands are a huge help. The one thing missing seems to be one for the routine extension of the expiry of subkeys.

Or is there a clever syntax for the ‘fpr of the primary key to refer to a subkey by number or otherwise (referring to it by fingerprint gives me a ‘<fpr> is not the primary fingerprint” ?

Kind regards,

Dw