How to use a the same generated keypair on enigmail/thunderbird and iOS Mail

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Wed Jul 26 16:12:14 CEST 2017

Am 26.07.2017 um 14:05 schrieb dekkzz78 at gmail.com:
> On 07/26, Andreas Heinlein wrote:
>> Am 26.07.2017 um 11:27 schrieb MFPA:
>>> Do "most normal users" make use of an OpenPGP smartcard? Those that do
>>> might be able to use the same keypair on their mobile phone by means
>>> of an NFC-enabled smartcard.
>> Surely not. I guess most "normal users" don't even know that such a
>> thing exists.
>>
>> Besides that, AFAIK the NFC-functionality on several SmartCards is not
>> for use with OpenPGP, it's just there for additional purposes with other
>> applications.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Andreas
>>

> When you say not for use with OpenPGP, do you mean most "smartcards"
> marked as SLE4442 compatible won't work with GnuPG?

Actually the one OpenPGP smartcard I know of is sold by FLOSS-Shop
(ex-kernel-concepts):
https://www.floss-shop.de/de/security-privacy/smartcards/4/openpgp-smart-card-v2.1-mifare-desfire?c=41

This one has an NFC chip but which is not for use with OpenPGP.

There may be other smartcards out there which can also be used with
GnuPG but they're usually not called "OpenPGP card".

Andreas