Question for app developers, like Enigmail etc. - Identicons

Stefan Claas stefan.claas at posteo.de
Sun Jun 4 13:35:34 CEST 2017

On 04.06.17 12:50, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> P.S. With scallion it took me only seconds/or a minute to generate
>> a fake pub-key with the same 32bit key id, on my old notebook.
> The question then becomes how hard it would be to forge a qidenticon.
> There's not a whole lot of entropy there.
I'm no cryptographer nor a programmer, but i think a visiualisation
of a fingerprint could be helpful, if it's bullet-proof.

Here's an image i run with the example go code provided. I replaced
the word "text" in the sample code with "0x0000"etc. and in the second
image with "0x1000"etc.

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/visualfingerprp9ohtdmbkr.png

Regards
Stefan