How to show fingerprint in email header?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 8 17:10:16 CEST 2017

On Thu,  8 Jun 2017 15:05, satoshi at linux.com said:

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josefsson-openpgp-mailnews-header/

Here is what I use:

This is a complete URL of our dedicated keyserver with the finperint
appended.  How to configure this depends on your mailer.  I do this in
Gnus:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
	 (name "Werner Koch")
	 (address "wk at gnupg.org" )
         ("OpenPGP"  "url=https://k.gnupg.net/80615870F5BAD690333686D0F2AD85AC1E42B367" )
         ("X-message-flag" "Mails containing HTML will not be read!\n\t Please send only plain text.")
	 (organisation "The GnuPG Project")
         (signature
          "Die Gedanken sind frei.  Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.")
	 )))

(X-message-flag is a hack for Outlook users ;-)

However, I would much more like to see adoption of the Web Key Directory
which makes it much easier to find the right key.  If you are using
GnuPG 2.1 you can add

auto-key-locate local
auto-key-locate wkd
auto-key-locate dane

to your gpg.conf to enable it.  The fallback to DANE is optional; I
doubt that is much more deployed than WKD.  Note that WKD (and DANE)
contact the server of the mail provider, so they know that you will send
an encrypted mail - but that is something they will see
anyway.  Workaround is as usual Tor ("use-tor" in dirmngr.conf)

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner