Overwriting a fingerprint in card-status

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 15:48:31 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have a key on a smartcard and at some point I added it as a subkey
to a different primary key by giving its keygrip in `--expert` mode.

This works great but I recently realised that when this was done its
fingerprint changed and as a result a wrong fingerprint is now stored
in the card metadata, as shown by `--card-status`. (Now I am a little
confused by the fact that gnupg is still able to locate the key and
use it.)

Given that the key material on the card is correct, is there a way to
forcibly overwrite the fingerprint that is displayed by
`--card-status`?

Thanks.