changing the passphrase of the secret key stored in the GnuPG card

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jun 12 14:15:01 CEST 2017

El día lunes, junio 12, 2017 a las 01:28:28p. m. +0200, Damien Goutte-Gattat escribió:

> On 06/12/2017 07:31 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Now we are on track with my question. The background is/was: what
> > exactly I have todo with this backup key, for example in case the GnuPG
> > card gets lost or stolen?
>
> You would have to import your backup key into your private keyring using
> gpg's --import command.
>
> First, remove the private key stubs:
>
>    $ rm ~/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d/*.key
>
> Then, import your backup:
>
>    $ gpg2 --import backup.gpg
>
> You will then be prompted for the passphrase you choose when the backup
> was created.

I did what you suggested, but:

$ pwd
/home/guru/.gnupg-test
$ rm -f private-keys-v1.d/*.key
$ GNUPGHOME=/home/guru/.gnupg-test export GNUPGHOME
gpg2 --import sk_61F1ECB625C9A6C3.gpg
gpg: key 61F1ECB625C9A6C3: no user ID
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:       secret keys read: 1
$ ls -l sk_61F1ECB625C9A6C3.gpg
-r--------  1 guru  wheel  1865 May 14 20:29 sk_61F1ECB625C9A6C3.gpg

the file is what was swritte as backup on May 14.

Any idea what I do wrong?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045