modern GnuPG verify signatures

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Jun 15 17:49:35 CEST 2017

On 15/06/17 17:24, Stefan Claas wrote:
> when i sign a message and do a gpg --verify it shows "using RSA
> key 2BAF85F9281ABD543823C7C5981EB7C382EC52B4", in Terminal under
> macOS, with my own key, but when doing the verify again with a
> message from someone else it shows the long key-ID, instead of
> the full key.

It's much easier to see what is going on if you simply include the
terminal output in your mail. When using GUI tools, one loses this great
advantage, but if you're working on the terminal, please always include
the output from the program itself rather than merely describing what
happens.

Could you give us an example?

Peter.