Having trouble adding gpg key to apt keyring in Debian 9.0 (Stretch)

Rex Kneisley rexk99 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:43:16 CEST 2017

Hey Guys,

So I recently did a fresh install of Debian 9.0 (Stretch).

Now I'm trying to reinstall all of my software.

I had Sublime Text installed in 8.6 (Jessie)

But when I try to install Sublime Text, I encounter the following error
when trying to add the PGP key to apt-key.

root at debian-rig:/home/rexk# wget -qO -
https://download.sublimetext.com/sublimehq-pub.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
gpg: WARNING: nothing exported
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

This process worked flawlessly in Debian Jessie

Is the Sublime Text gpg key formatted wrong since now version 2.1.18 is
built in to Debian?

root at debian-rig:/home/rexk# gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.1.18
libgcrypt 1.7.6-beta
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <
https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Home: /root/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA, ECDH, ECDSA, EDDSA
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
        CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

By the way, I can download this key directly and import it in the GnuPG
Keyring without any problems.

root at debian-rig:/home/rexk# gpg --import sublimehq-pub.gpg
gpg: /root/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key ADAE6AD28A8F901A: public key "Sublime HQ Pty Ltd <
support at sublimetext.com>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1

--