Are TOFU statistics used for validity or conflict resolution?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Jun 23 13:22:23 CEST 2017

On 23/06/17 12:56, Neal H. Walfield wrote:
> It's up to the GPG client to interpret it.  This document (authored by
> Andre and me) has some recommendations for MUAs:

Ah! Thanks for the information.

I was thinking about how GnuPG handled it, i.e., on the gpg command line
or as a backend for some frontend. I got the impression the "validity"
field affected the text of the gpg command line but nothing else
(g10/tofu.c:show_statistics() returns "show_warning" asserted for
valdities below 3).

Cheers,

Peter.