ADMIN: Some mail addresses are now rewritten

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Mar 16 12:08:08 CET 2017

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 04:46, gnupg-users at gnupg.org said:

> IMO reply should go to the send and reply-list/group reply should go to the
> list.  Sure people make mistakes, but it's still the most reasonable behavior.

There are two schools on this matter.  This here is a privacy related
list and thus we want to avoid accidently posting a PM to the list.

> I've been dealing with this.  After watching these kinds of problems in multiple
> environments I think what should happen with mailman, dkim, SPF, etc is:

We can only use what Mailman provides ;-)

> Not sure I follow, I hit group reply in Thunderbird and at the top of this
> message is:
>
> On 03/11/2017 09:27 AM, Werner Koch wrote:

Right, because my From header has not been rewritten (no reject DMARC
policy at gnupg.org).  But if you look above you can notice that Gnus
took the ML address - should be easy to fix but right now I don't have
spare cycles.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner