Need Help.

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Mar 20 16:21:32 CET 2017

On Mon 2017-03-20 06:57:18 -0400, Pankaj Kumar. Chaurasia wrote:
> Does anyone know how to import a public key for a server account.
>
> I tried below one, but it is not working:
>
> Gpg2 -import -u NT\MSSQLAgent e:\MyPub.gpg

Usually --import needs two leading hyphens, not one.

it's not clear to me what "NT\MSSQLAgent" is supposed to mean -- the -u
flag is to identify an OpenPGP User ID, which isn't relevant for the
--import operation.

It looks like you're trying to use it to switch user accounts, which
GnuPG won't do.  You'll need to use your operating system's mechanism to
switch user accounts first, and then run gpg from the other user.  In
Windows (which it looks like you're using) that'd be "Run as…" or
something like that.

          --dkg