debugging systemd user services for gpg-agent and dirmngr [was: Re: gpg hangs when asking for passphrase]

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Tue May 16 01:10:35 CEST 2017

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote on Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:58:21PM -0400:
> On Wed 2017-05-10 22:17:28 -0400, Joey Morris wrote:
> > I have systemd version 222-1 installed, which appears to be wildly out of date.
> > The first thing I'll try when I get back to this is to upgrade systemd.
>
> yes, please!

After upgrading systemd, I'm happy to report that my agent connections no longer
hang and everything seems to be working well. (Because the upgrade fixed my
problem, I didn't attempt your other suggestion of moving my .xsession startup
tasks to .config/openbox/autostart.) Thank you for the assistance!

Joey