Reviving a userid with revoked key

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Fri May 19 21:58:34 CEST 2017

On 05/19/2017 08:36 PM, Marc Curry wrote:
> Maybe a dumb question, but I'm looking for help thinking through how to
> best "revive" an old gpg key's userid after I revoked it a few years ago,
> thinking I wouldn't need to use it, again.
>
> 1) was at a company (e.g. marc at company-a.com)
> 2) went to company-b and revoked key for marc at company-a
> 3) now I'm back at company-a, and want to start using marc at company-a.com
> userid again

Nothing wrong with that, just add a new user id using adduid from
--edit-key, it wont have the old signatures from other users, those got
lost at the revocation point, but your new contacts can sign the new UID
without issue.

Deleting the old UID will have no practical effect if it has been
distributed to a keyserver historically.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand