Don't send encrypted messages to random users to test your gpg

Duane Whitty duane at nofroth.com
Mon May 29 13:00:59 CEST 2017

Hi list,

When I checked my email this morning I had an encrypted message from
someone I didn't know and had never heard of signed with a signature for
which no public key was available.

When I saw the email with a subject "test, test, hello" (or something to
that effect" I decided not to let Thunderbird/Enigmail process it but
rather I copy and pasted the cypher text into a file and used the
command line to look at it..

The message and relevant gpg output was: