Don't send encrypted messages to random users

listo factor listofactor at mail.ru
Tue May 30 17:53:44 CEST 2017

On 05/29/2017 11:52 PM, Konstantin Gribov - grossws at gmail.com wrote:
> Primary reason to publish a key is to make it available for fetching. It
> isn't a permission for anyone to annoy a person anyhow.

Keservers have every characteristic of a public directory.

What possible reason there could be for placing one's
e-mail in the public key if not to make it possible
for anyone to send an e-mail to the owner. To make
a piece of information publicly available on the net
and then depend on "netiquette" for that piece of
information not be used in a manner the owner finds
objectionable strikes me as a rather outdated notion.