scdaemon coredumps

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed May 31 00:48:04 CEST 2017

Hi Yuriy--

On Tue 2017-05-30 15:09:18 +0300, Yuriy M. Kaminskiy wrote:
> When I tried to rebuild gnupg2 2.1.21-2 debian package from
> experimental in pbuilder, I got a number of sigsegv's from scdaemon
> while running tests:
 [...]
> (this is on debian jessie, i386, libusb-1.0 1.0.19, and various related
> libraries from backports [Build-Depends])

So we're not seeing that crash on the experimental build daemons in
debian.  that makes me think that something is amiss with the
dependencies in jessie, or maybe we've failed to indicate some
dependency correctly.

gniibe (cc'ed) is usually the person to sort out scdaemon issues --
perhaps he can suggest some next-steps for debugging?

> P.S. when I posted this message via news.gmane.org, I got:
>
>  > A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>  > recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>  >
>  >   gnupg-users at gnupg.org
>  >    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<gnupg-users at gnupg.org>:
>  >     host kerckhoffs.g10code.com [217.69.77.222]: 550 Reverse DNS lookup failed for host 195.159.176.226.

fwiw, my messages were recently bouncing from this mailserver too -- i
had to fiddle with some DNS records for my own mail relay to get
kerckhoffs to accept mail.  it's possible that the spamfiltering rules
have been tightened up recently, or the DNS resolver has changed.

I note that 195.159.176.226 has no PTR record at all.  maybe the gmane
folks need to add a reverse DNS record via their hosts at powertech.no?

          --dkg