Working with an Online and Offline Computer when using GnuPG - Best Practice?

Stefan Claas stefan.claas at posteo.de
Mon Oct 9 18:53:35 CEST 2017

Hi all,

A question for the experts.

I plan to buy me a little Netbook next year, to use it as an Offline
Computer, for GnuPG usage. The idea is to use my Online Computer
to send and receive messages and to encrypt and decrypt messages
to use the Offline Computer. So far so good. My question is what is the
best practice to transfer the Data between those two Computers?

I read once here on the Mailing List that one should only use
trusted USB devices, whatever that means, when using an USB
device.

My idea is to use the software minimodem between the two
Computers, connected, when required, via audio cables.

Is this a good idea, or does something speaks against this
method?

Any thoughts are welcome!

Regards
Stefan