FAQ and GNU

Mario Castelán Castro marioxcc.MT at yandex.com
Tue Oct 10 21:20:53 CEST 2017

On 10/10/17 11:04, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> You snipped the bit where I said "Linux" has two meanings in the English
> language depending on context.  Given your admirable, though misplaced,
> zeal, I doubt there's a considered argument to be had here.

In the previous message you said “"Linux" can be the kernel or a
distro.”. But this is outright incorrect (Linux is not a distribution).
Thus I elided this part according to my practice of omitting irrelevant
text in a reply to keep the messages to a readable size.

The name “Linux” was invented for the kernel for which Linus Torvalds is
known. Later, lazy people incorrecting began using the same word to
refer to basically any software bundle that include this kernel.

--
Do not eat animals; respect them as you respect people.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan