Poldi example usage of gpg-connect-agent fails

Franck Routier (perso) alci at mecadu.org
Wed Sep 6 11:30:02 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am trying to get into smartcard usage, and would want to allow
Authentication on my system with an OpenPGP Card (FSFE Fellowship
smartcard).

As I understand it (I might be wrong), the right pam module is Poldi.

According to the Texinfo page (info poldi), current version is 0.4, and
lacks the previous poldi-ctrl utility, so I have to create some config
file manually.

Specifically, here is the example that is given:

    First, the system administrator has to associate the user moritz with
the card's serial number:

      $ echo "D2760001240101010001000006550000 moritz" >>
/etc/poldi/localdb/users

    Second, the system administrator needs to write the card's key into a
card-specific key file.  Therefore he inserts Moritz' smartcard and
executes:

      $ gpg-connect-agent "/datafile
/etc/poldi/localdb/keys/D2760001240101010001000006550000" "SCD READKEY
--advanced OPENPGP.3" /bye

My problem is that the command  gpg-connect-agent "/datafile myfile"
"SCD READKEY --advanced OPENPGP.3" /bye returns an error:

ERR 100663414 Identifiant incorrect <SCD>

Can anyone help me on this ? (or is there a better way to authenticate
using an OpenPGP smartcard ?) (or is it just a bad idea ?)

Thanks in advance

Franck