Poldi example usage of gpg-connect-agent fails

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Sep 8 11:56:32 CEST 2017

On 06/09/17 11:30, Franck Routier (perso) wrote:
> My problem is that the command  gpg-connect-agent "/datafile myfile"
> "SCD READKEY --advanced OPENPGP.3" /bye returns an error:
>
> ERR 100663414 Identifiant incorrect <SCD>

Hmmm, it works for me on Debian stretch/stable, with the system-provided
GnuPG 2.1.18.

If I am lazy and don't uppercase the slot identifier, I get a comparable
result:

$ gpg-connect-agent "/datafile /home/peter/bla.key" "SCD READKEY --advanced openpgp.3" /bye
ERR 100663414 Invalid ID <SCD>

If I try it on a card which only has S and E keys, no A key, the result
is something else:

$ gpg-connect-agent "/datafile /home/peter/bla.key" "SCD READKEY --advanced OPENPGP.3" /bye
ERR 100663305 No public key <SCD>

Which version of GnuPG are you using? It does not appear to be that the
functionality no longer works in newer versions, since 2.1.18 is pretty
recent.

HTH,

Peter.