[Feature Request] Multiple level subkey

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Sep 14 11:40:59 CEST 2017

On 14/09/17 00:20, lesto fante wrote:
> I also hope the same apply on the rest of the EU, since AFAIK that
> certificate is on the European Health Insurance Card.

Dutch person here; I had no idea what a European Health Insurance Card
is. All I have is a credit-card sized piece of plastic that mentions my
customer number at OHRA, the insurance company where I have my health
insurance. The piece of plastic has a black bar where the magstripe is
located, but I'd be very surprised if it's a magstripe. It's just inked
to look similar to one. (Never understood why they do that)

I've looked on the interwebs what a European Health Insurance Card is,
and yes, many Dutch people can request one free of charge. But given
that I have never heard of it before, I don't think many people do. And
there are insurance companies that don't give them out at all.

And even if you got one, the Dutch information about the card says its
validity period depends on your insurance company as well, ranging from
just the duration of your stay abroad up to maximally one year.

This does not sound like an obvious target for Dutch people who want a
government-issued certificate.

My 2 cents,

Peter.

PS: Yes, I do travel abroad. But I simply depend on my travel insurance
and a "medication passport", which is a document that includes all the
standardized names of medication I have to take, in case I lose them.
Oh, and my organ donor card for when it really goes wrong :-).