Extending expiration date and SSH

Marko Božiković bozho at kset.org
Mon Sep 18 12:38:44 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I use my authentication GPG key for SSHing into different machines. My GPG
keys are stored on a Yubikey and I use gpg-agent to interface with the Yubikey
and use the keys for SSH authentication.

My GPG keys have expired and while that doesn't have any effect on SSH
authentication, I'd still like to extend their expiration date.

Will that change the SSH public key (as it is exported using ssh-add -L for
adding to .ssh/authorized_keys)?

I'm looking for a best practice approach to avoid locking myself out of my
machines :)

Thank you!
--
Marko