OT: Which smartphone would you use

Thomas Hejze thejze at gmx.at
Mon Sep 18 17:32:51 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,
I know this is off-topic, but since it is related to IT security and therefore
more or less to GNUPG, I hope that I get some helping answers, though.

Having been objecting to smartphones for a long time I fear that the time has
come that I get one for myself. The question is which one.

IPhone is not an option, Android probably not, due to security considerations.
I want a hardware/software combination which provides a decent amount of
security for my personal data. Jolla or Tizen comes to my mind, but as far as
I have come with my research, hardware for those is difficult to get at least
in Europe. So I am looking for some advice from the experts which are regulars
on this mailing list and recommendations which hardware/software combination
they would use resp. are using.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Thomas Hejze