Signing failed -- "No secret key", even though I have the key

Juan Miguel Navarro Martínez juanmi.3000 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 19:44:32 CEST 2017

On 2017-09-24 at 17:34, azarus wrote:
> This is what gpg -K lists:
>
> /home/azarus/.gnupg/pubring.kbx
> -------------------------------
> sec   rsa4096 2016-12-20 [SC]
>       <my-key-id>
> uid           [ultimate] <my-user-name> <my-email>
> uid           [ultimate] <my-real-name> <my-other-email>
> ssb   rsa4096 2016-12-20 [E]
> ssb#  rsa4096 2017-06-23 [SE]

You're missing the secret part of your subkey:

> ssb#  rsa4096 2017-06-23 [SE])

... and, for at least GnuPG >= 2.1.0, GPGAgent most likely wants to use
that subkey because it has been detected in the pubring.gpg or
pubring.kbx keyring, but due to the missing secret part GPGAgent doesn't
fallback to the master key with signing capabilities which you have its
secret parts.

--
Juan Miguel Navarro Martínez

GPG Keyfingerprint: