Houston, we have a problem

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Tue Sep 26 15:14:38 CEST 2017

On 09/26/2017 03:05 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> I'm no expert like all you guys, but my dream would be if Werner and his
> team could
> work together with the keybase team, so that we could have WKD support
> for keybase.

WKD is a good step in providing a mechanism for key discovery, but if
automatically considering such keys valid (either directly or through
TOFU-model) you reduce the security to security of X.509 root
certificate PKIX, which many users trusts implicitly already so it is a
good simplification in many cases. That said I fail to see where keybase
comes into the picture, maybe you can elaborate a bit on that?

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand