Houston, we have a problem

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 26 21:39:50 CEST 2017

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:07, andrewg at andrewg.com said:

> The gpg command itself should cryptographically verify signatures when
> performing --list-sigs, so that at least it can throw a warning when an

Actually --list-sigs is more of a debug command than a command users
should use to verify a key.  The real command is --check-sigs and it
does what you suggested.

Unfortunately the man pages describes --list-sigs in detail and only in
the next paragraph --check-sigs is explained in terms of --list-sigs.
it might be better to merge them into one description with a focus on
--check-sigs.

Anyway, it is easy to create keys just for signatures and --check-sigs
would not make a difference.  Look at my key for all those vanity
signature.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner