dirmngr timeout

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Apr 13 11:46:40 CEST 2018

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 15:45, lpapp at kde.org said:

[Full quote trimmed]
> It looks like if I run dirmngr manually, as follows, with honor-http-proxy,
> gpg works:
>
> dirmngr --daemon

It will also work if dirnmnr is automatically started by gpg or via
gpgconf --launch dirmngr.

> But when it is run as dirmngr --supervised, gpg does not seem to work until
> the http-proxy is specified in the config explicitly.

It seems that systemd has a different view on the envvars and thus your
somewhere set http_proxy=foo:port is not inherited by dirmngr.
According to IRC there are ways to set envvars for specific systemd
actions.  If can find them out it would be nice if you can document that
in a reply.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #