gpgme_op_verify regression with gnupg 2.2.6?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 16 14:14:46 CEST 2018

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 11:44, thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com said:

> I'm wondering how to prevent other people from running into this issue.

I wondered whether I should send out a notice to the announce list but I
doubt that those with problems will read it.  I will add a pointer to
the NEWS entry at gnupg.org with the patch because I assume that will
fast show up in searches.

Given that 1.11.0 is close to a release we decided this morning not to
release a 1.10.1.  GnuPG 2.2.6 is  new enough so that it will be used
only be folks who would also built GPGME from source and thus either the
patch or the forthcoming 1.11.0 should be okay.

> Could gnupg 2.2.7 detect if gpgme is installed at all and if it is,
> make sure it's at least version 1.10.1 / 1.11.0?

:-) - No.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #