gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

Dirk Gottschalk dirk.gottschalk1980 at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 8 01:59:05 CEST 2018

Hi.

Am Dienstag, den 07.08.2018, 19:38 -0400 schrieb Yu:
> Hi Dirk

> Thank you very much. I just want to make sure I am doing the right
> thing,
> so please excuse me if I am asking too much.

> > You should delete the complete secret key set from you keyring.
> Then
> > import the PUBLIC keys for the card keys and then do a gpg --card-
> > status.
> >

> Do I just call "gpg delete-secret-key ID" for each key ID listed in
> the
> --list-secret-keys output?

You have just to delete the keys, which are stored on the card.
Deleteing the master key of them also deletes the sub keys.

> > If you set a fetch URL, you could also make --card-edit and issue a
> > fetch command.
> >

> I have not :/

That's no problem at all. Then you have to imnport the public key of
the card key BEFORE you insert the card and make --card-status. Only
then the card is recognised and the stubs are generated automatically.

If the public keys are not in your public keyring, the card keys are
ignored.

Regards,
Dirk

--
Dirk Gottschalk
Paulusstrasse 6-8

GPG: DDCB AF8E 0132 AA54 20AB  B864 4081 0B18 1ED8 E838
Keybase.io: https://keybase.io/dgottschalk
GitHub: https://github.com/Dirk1980ac