Book on gnupg?

Kynn Jones kynnjo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:55:56 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

I need to write a program that uses gnupg (possibly through gpgme), but I'm
having a hard time understanding the documentation for this software.

I took something like "cryptography 101" in college, way back when, but the
stuff I read on gnupg/gpgme is filled with concepts that either I've never
heard of before (e.g. "armor"), or I'm fuzzy on (e.g. "signature").

A further impediment I'm finding is that most of the information I find on
gnupg is aimed for end-users.  I have found relatively little aimed at
software developers who want to use gnupg in their programs.

Where can I find a high-level description of gnupg, if possible addressed
to developers?

(Also, if possible, I would prefer a book, or a chapter in a book.)

Thanks in advance!

kj