GnuPG on Android

justina colmena justina at colmena.biz
Tue Dec 4 20:56:27 CET 2018

Hello GnuPG users!

This is somewhat related to a discussion from last month.
 https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2018-November/061122.html

To answer the question about GnuPG on Android, the most useful application I have found so far is called OpenKeychain.

https://www.openkeychain.org

The K-9 Mail client, which I am using now, and a password store utility both make good use of OpenKeychain on Android.

https://k9mail.github.io
https://github.com/zeapo/Android-Password-Store

I was able to create a key (see URL at the bottom of this email signature for public key), back it up, import it into GnuPG 1.4.23 and use it successfully, but I am unable to use the private key in GnuPG 2.2.9, because I cannot verify the pass phrase for the private key on gpg2 no matter what I do.

I have signed this email with the key in question, for reference.
--
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/justina.colmena.asc